Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer is winding down

We started our day at the pool today, it was another hot, beautiful morning here in Florida.  The kids in our school district started up last week and we plan on enjoying as many mornings as we can get in before the weather turns cools.  We should have a couple more months at least.  I suggested bringing some school books up there but no one except me liked that idea.  Caitlyn did bring her current manga though and read some up there. 


Every afternoon now we have been having some good summer storms.  I love these, it makes you feel so cozy and I usually read aloud while it rains and we are all just happy to be indoors and together with candles lit. 

Tomorrow Caitlyn and Brett are trying out an Intro to Chemistry class.  We usually don't enjoy the classes we try out so I am really hoping this one is good and at their level and they learn and have fun.  It's outdoors so that will be nice when it starts cooling down.  Tomorrow, not so much. 

We also have plans to take a tour of the Budweiser plant, I've heard its good and hope we enjoy that too.

I am looking forward to nicer days where it will be bearable to be outside and not be by water.  We have a very nice place in our neighborhood called The Outpost that we like to go to and have nature study and do other school outside and I can't wait to do that. 

We are in the middle of a curriculum and have schooled through the summer so we aren't starting or beginning a new study this fall.  I'll post about what we're using soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment