Sunday, March 2, 2014

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Unit Study






I had sort of forgotten about this blog.

We have been using MFW 1850-Modern Times since December. Before that we finished MFW Explorers-1850 that we had begun the year before we ahd our Year of Reading.

We have just finished studying the Civil War and are now going to start a short unit study on the first Harry Potter book.  We are using one written by Build Your Library curriculum.  I think I'm more excited than the kids are, but they are definitely looking forward to a break from the regular and we have all been Harry Potter fans ever since the first books came out. 

I purchased a new copy in paperback and two of the recommended books for the study that looked good to me.  I can't wait to have the kids make some of the recipes from the cookbook.  We are going shopping tomorrow for Knickerbocker Glory.  That's my kind of school :)

I'm going to try to blog about this unit study, we'll see how well I keep up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment